We recognize that within Christianity there are genuine and sincere believers who have differing views on various doctrines. However, there is a unifying body of essential beliefs that virtually all-biblical, conservative Christians accept and we adhere to them with confidence.
- We believe the Bible, composed of the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments, is God’s inspired and infallible Word. It is inerrant in the original manuscripts, and is the authority on all matters of life, belief, and practice of our faith.
- We believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth, and eternally existent as God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. He is pure, holy, all-powerful, full of love, and the source of truth.
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life and in His miracles. His death on the cross was a substitute for mankind and paid for the sins of the world. He rose bodily from the grave, He ascended into heaven, and He will return to earth in power and glory.
- We believe in the deity of the Holy Spirit, that His present work is to reveal Jesus Christ to people, to regenerate those who believe, and that he indwells Christians to enable them to live the kind of life that pleases the Lord.
- We believe mankind is created in the image of God, and enjoyed an open relationship with God. That relationship was broken when Man voluntarily chose to live his life without regard to God’s will. Through Adam all people are born flawed by sin and are in need of being restored in relationship with God.
- We believe that Salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus. We believe God is the initiator of reconciliation with us. However, His holiness demands justice for the wrongs we have done. Unfortunately, our good works cannot undo the mistakes of our past. We are completely dependent on the grace of God to make us pure in His sight. Those who, by faith, accept that Jesus Christ is the Son of God who took our place, suffering the punishment of God’s justice against sin, can be saved by making a choice to turn from sin and turn to God, asking for forgiveness and to be saved from our sin. The Scriptures teach that those who place their faith in Jesus are made new and give new life in the same fashion that Jesus was given new life after His death, burial and resurrection.
- We believe that the Church is the people of God, rather than a place of worship. We believe the body of Christ is made up of all believers of the church age; that Jesus Christ is the head of the Church; and that local churches are the practical expression of the Church. The Church is the gathering of those who have placed their faith in the sacrifice of Jesus as the only way to be right with God. Members of a local church voluntarily share their lives and faith with each other in unity and meet together for encouragement, worship, service, prayer, spiritual development, and to observe the ordinances of the Church (baptism by immersion and communion). We believe a local church is the planned instrument of God to carry out the Great Commission. Members are accountable to live a Christ-like lifestyle which will often come in conflict with contemporary culture.
- We believe in final judgment. Every person will stand before God in judgment. All those who have not turned from sin and to faith in Jesus will be eternally separated from God in the Lake of Fire. All demons and Satan will face a final judgment and will be eternally condemned in the Lake of Fire. All believers will be saved from the wrath of God by their faith in the sacrifice of Jesus as their substitution but will give an account for their works as God’s children. They will be rewarded for their works of eternal value and lose reward for those works of no eternal value.